Are you tired of turning to coffee, energy drinks, and other types of stimulants to revive you when you run out of energy? If so, you know that these usually leave you feeling jittery and the boost that you get doesn’t last long. Instead, try increasing your energy levels with the following natural methods, and you may find that you feel better all over!
Below are seven of my favorite healthy, natural energy-boosters:
- Exercise. It may be difficult to stay motivated and exercise while you’re tired. However, the energy boost you will receive can last for a long period of time. And it doesn’t have to take long – a simple ten minute walk can help you feel more refreshed and energized.
- Exercise increases your heart rate and blood flow, so your body is able to get more nutrients and oxygen. This has a direct impact on your energy levels, and you begin to feel more animated.
- Vigorous and intense exercise isn’t necessary to boost energy levels. You can benefit from slower and calmer types of exercises, too, such as walking and yoga.
- Eat more whole foods. Foods like vegetables, nuts, seeds and fruits can help you raise your energy levels in a natural way.
- Health experts recommend avoiding energy drinks and bars because they’re considered a second-rate choice compared to whole foods. They are harder for your bod to digest and as a result, zap your energy even further. Focus on eating whole fruits, grains, vegetables, and other items instead.
- Check your calorie intake, especially if you’re on a low-calorie diet. If you’re not getting enough calories during the day to sustain your lifestyle, then you’ll feel tired. It’s important to evaluate your food intake and keep a diary to ensure you’re eating enough.
- Laugh. Laughing can bring you a sudden boost of energy.
- Do you have an online video that always makes you laugh? Can you call a friend who is always ready to share a joke?
- Add small breaks to your day. Working without breaks can lead to fatigue.
- Short breaks scattered throughout your day can help you fight stress and reenergize. These breaks can last a few minutes or 10 minutes. They should leave you feeling calmer and more energized.
- Avoid negative people. If you’re surrounded by negative people, you’re more likely to suffer from stress and fatigue.
- Studies show that your body’s reaction to the stress response can leave you feeling drained. Negative people can make your stress levels go up, so it’s important to surround yourself with positive people who don’t make you tired.
- Take a nap. Napping may seem like a counterintuitive idea, but researchers have found it can help increase energy levels. Short naps can help you feel refreshed and empowered to take on new challenges.
- Research from the National Institutes of Mental Health reveals that taking a nap can help your brain and body recover from stress and other activities.
- Try to limit naps to 20 minutes at most; otherwise it may interfere with your nighttime sleep.
- If it’s not easy for you to nap, simply resting with your eyes closed can be very restorative as well.
- Stay hydrated and avoid alcohol. Water can help you prevent dehydration and fatigue.
- Nutritionists have found that even the beginning stages of dehydration can leave you feeling tired and weak. It’s important to drink water throughout the day and ensure you’re getting enough.
- Alcohol can contribute to fatigue, so you may want to avoid it.
- In addition, alcohol can mess with your normal sleep schedule and make it more difficult for you to get a good night’s sleep. This can lead to more fatigue in the morning and feelings of weakness.
Natural methods can help you increase your energy levels without relying on caffeine or other harmful stimulants. Follow these tips and you’ll enjoy fewer days where you’re lagging from a lack of energy.
Want to complement your efforts with supportive herbal remedies? Check out our Natural Energy Set – a hand-selected assortment of organic herbal supplements, tea, and aromatherapy oils to aid in naturally increasing energy levels.
Do you have a favorite tip for increasing your energy levels naturally? If so, please share in the comment section below.