I decided to get creative for dinner the other night and experimented with a recipe that I came up with based on dishes I’ve had in the past. It came out so good that I had to share it with you, and it was easy, healthy & delicious. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 package of pork loin (scallopini)
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 1 ½ Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp lemongrass powder (or fresh lemongrass sliced)
- 3 heads of baby bok choy, washed and sliced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 medium sized daikon root, washed, peeled and sliced
- Zest of one lime
- 11 oz of lite coconut milk
- 1 package ( 8.8 or 9.5 oz) buckwheat soba noodles or rice noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
*All ingredients are organic
- Warm the ghee in a large frying pan (please don’t use Teflon!) over a medium heat. Add curry powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add pork slices and sauté for about one min on each side.
- Add ginger, shallots, and lemongrass to the pan; sauté for 30 seconds
- Add the bok choy, mushrooms and daikon root, and lime zest; sauté for 30 seconds
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle rolling boil, then turn down the heat to low, cover the pot and let simmer until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
- In the meantime, prep a pot of water to boil the noodles. Once it’s boiling, add the noodles and cook per the instructions on the package (mine took 5 min).
- Season pork & veggie mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain noodles and serve the pork & veggie mixture on top.
The grocery store I went to didn’t have it, but I would have loved to include some galangal in the mix. If you can find it, feel free to add.
**Time Saving Tip: Wash and chop the veggies ahead of time, so when you’re ready to put dinner on, the actually cooking process won’t take much time.
How to 10x your Energy, Focus & Productivity